Start of the study - Dutch Studies
Frequently asked questions about the start of the study Dutch Studies
- Does the department have an introductory programme?
- Where and when is my first lecture?
- How do I get hold of my prospectus and lecture timetable?
- Is there anything more I need to do to complete my enrolment?
- Where can I buy my study books and study material?
- How can I catch up with any shortfall in my previous studies?
- Where do I go for any further information I may need?
Yes, on Monday, September 5 2016 at 10.00 hrs in EYCKH1/003C. The programme includes:
- welcome and meet and greet with, lecturers, coordinator of studies and tutor students en
- short tour along important places such as library, student information desk, secretary’s office etc.
- intake interviews
Group A (absolute beginners): Monday, September 12 2016, Language Acquisition at 11.00 hrs in LIPSIUS 115.
Group B (students with passive knowledge of Dutch ) This programme will run only if there are enough participants in the first year, students will be given specific information on September 9, 2016.
Programme II (students with advanced level of Dutch): Monday, September 12 2016, Geschiedenis van het Nederlands, at 13.00 hrs in LIPSIUS 30
Don’t forget to apply through Studielink (until 31th of August).
Students are requested to register for all classes they will attend through "uSis", the registration system of Leiden University.
General information about uSis is available in English as well as in Dutch.
Later on, you will be also required to register for the courses in Blackboard.
Please consult the e-Prospectus to view the required literature for courses for which you will register (select your specialization to view all courses descriptions).
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate and contact the coordinator of Dutch Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org.